Monday, February 23, 2015

Alexsia Bernhardt
Integrated Curriculum I
ECED 3113
Dr. Watts

Classroom Arrangement Blog

I would love to be a preschool to first grade teacher. That is my ideal age group that I enjoy working with the most. I find this age group the most excited to learn new things and you are building the foundation for their education. I believe that it is important for young children to build their social/ emotional skills through play. It is also important for them to be in a well organized classroom where they can easily access materials and equipment on their own. I feel that my creativity will be beneficial in creating a welcoming classroom that students enjoy coming to each day while also being accessible and easily allows for students to move about with little confusion. 

Ideal Floor plan for Preschool or Kindergarten Classroom




 In my classroom I would like to have an organized system like this one that I found below:

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgkvpM33NtmOybYgS6Fhu12g7Nrl6v-f0lqy3sNNM7xTEYYN3hyphenhyphendsLFv28k7kiDTVTDtyvpwP-fSlZIUfFRe70A4ljLihexCwdho9TekzCVIn3VV9KcLAIF5RtKq6x8MnN-vhjar3MiOek/s1600/Tables+Overlook.jpg

I like this idea of having each desk have their own caddies of materials as well as storage for their notebooks that is close to their desk and accessible. This keeps the area clutter free and you can assign a student from each table to pass out materials when needed. 



kindergarten classroom | Kindergarten Milestones: Organizing My Kinders!
http://sherrymarieandrighetto.blogspot.com/2012/09/organizing-my-kinders.html

I would have a chart similar to this posted up in the classroom for students to see which center they will be going to for that day. This chart is great because each group is numbered, color coded, and has visuals with each center which allows students to easily recognize their name or the activity they are going to do that day.

 Great looking Science Center with plants, books and support materials!
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/77335318575838334/

I love this Science center! It is well organized and offers a variety of materials for students to manipulate. I like how the center includes books that go along with it and I would have books throughout all my centers if possible. I would have a table and chairs next to the science and math center so that students could have a place to sit with their item. I would even change out the plants or materials throughout the year so students have something new to explore.


http://keenonkindergarten.blogspot.ca/search/label/classroom%20pictures

This is what i have in mind for a writing center in my classroom. I want to provide the students will a variety of materials to practice their writing. I like how this teacher has included posters for students to refer to while they are in that center. The center is well organized and I might add stamps and magnetic letters for children to work with while they are in this center. I want my students to have multiple ways of exploring with writing from what they use to write with to the item they are using to write with. I also want them to have manipulatives so that they can feel and build letters which will appeal to the tactile learner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment